Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fuckity Fuck Fuck

April 22, 2008

N.Y. Mets 1, Chi. Cubs 8 at Wrigley Field
N.Y. Mets Record: (10-9)
Chi. Cubs Record: (14-6)

Winning pitcher - Ted Lilly (1-3)
Losing pitcher - Nelson Figueroa (1-1)

123456789R H E
N.Y. Mets 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 0
Chi. Cubs 0 0 0 3 0 0 1 4 X 8 14 0

NYM HR -
CHC HR - R. Cedeno (1)

I am at a bit of a loss here, and I think that I have realized something...The Mets may be over last year's "collapse"...But I am definitely not. Nothing is small anymore. These two losses really don't mean a helluva lot in the grand scheme of things, baseball-wise, but I am convincing myself that the season is over.
It's 20 damn games, but I keep thinking,'Yeah, and it was only 17 games last September." It's ridiculous.
I mean, the Cubs are hot right now, the Mets hitters are not..and Sosa(FUCKING SOSA) threw two bad pitches. It's still April, but I must admit, it feels much more dire than that.
Aaaaargh !!

1 comment:

Zoooma said...

I have no freakin' comment.

Nothin.

I mean ........ crap.

I'm not even mad... I'm uncaring. I love the Mets. I love baseball. But I just don't give a crap until they're battling for first place... or ideally ahead in first place. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... yeah, like that'll happen. Highest payroll in the N.L.? Or at least Top 5 in all of baseball? What does that buy? It's bought a joke... a pathetic joke. Losses just barely phase me now. Whatever... be a laughing stock. Have your fans booooo you and figuratively spit on you. Losers.

Something else that sucks about this spot the Mets are in right now -- If they win 4 in a row, that's not good enough. They've gotta win like 6 or 7 of 10 in order to really prove they're capable of being a good enough team for October baseball... and then they've got to win 6 or 7 out of every 10.

Oi.