Monday, September 17, 2007

What The Phuck ?

What is it with the Phillies ?
The Mets get swept on 4 by the Phillies. I assume that the season is over, I prepare my sword for Hara-kiri. But then, the Mets seem to be energized, they go into Atlanta and sweep the Braves. Sweep The Braves !! At Turner Field !! And actually [play good solid baseball to do it.
Then 2 out of 3 from the Reds. Sweep the Astros. Two out of three from the Braves. Build up a 61/2 game lead on the Phillies.
I have stowed my sword. the Phillies did us a favor. Woke our asses up. Certainly, we will play better against them this weekend a Shea. They lose Friday night.
That's okay, I didn't expect a sweep anyway, If they win 2 out of 3, they'll be fine.
They lose saturday. Well, that's okay. If they win on Sunday, they will still have a 5 1/2 game lead, no problem. And hey, at least Pedro pitched well against a GOOD hitting line-up.
Saturday night, I'm having an odd dream about a swamp and some cupcakes and Jessica Alba, and for some rreason, I check on the Mets score for Sunday's game, and they're losing. THEY HAD INFILTRATED MY DREAMS !!!
On Sunday, they lose AGAIN. They make what, 6 errors ? And all I can say is what the Phuck ? I don't even know whether or not to be nervous about the divsion, because we seem to be the only team the Phillies can beat lately. But it doesn't matter, because this Mets bullpen is going to make it a short playoff run if they don't get their shit together, I'll tell you that.

2 comments:

Zoooma said...

Hot. Cold. Hot. Cold. Hot. Cold. Hot. Cold. Division lead -- down to 2½ games. Wow, in just 3 days that could be Mets in 2nd Place, ½ game off the lead. Yay. So nice. This game sucks. Phuck the Mets. Phuck the post-season. Phuck 'em, phuck'em, phuck 'em.

I'll feel good when they win another game but 10 errors in 2 games, a team record?! This is pathetic. I'm looking forward to hockey season and not giving a damn, again, about October baseball. I hate this!

If they make it to October -- i absolutely would not expect them to advance past the Division Series. Right now if they can hang on -- they just plain suck.

Paticus said...

zooma- I hear you. one win will make me feel a little better,as the sloppy games are definitely not them. I still think they'll hold onto the division, but I think a playoff run might be short with the bullpen pitching as it has.